ok. So here’s the next installment in the ‘remix that’ series. (Is a series when it’s two or more?…oh geez…)
Anyway, enough of the useless crap at the beginning that’s helps to get me back into the swing of things. I haven’t written a post in just over a week and i feel as though i’ve lost the knack!
So, back on track. I’ve managed to find a few decent remixes of late. A few have been around for a while, some are brand new.
- Empire Of The Sun – We Are The People (The Golden Filter Remix) – great track. Has been around for a little bit and, from what I’ve read, is considered one of the best Golden Filter remixes (I tend to agree. Golden Filter are shaping up to be one of the best go to dj’s for remixes)
- Ladyhawke – Back Of The Van (Fred Falke Valvestate Mix) – this is pretty darn sweet. It’s also pretty new. Back Of The Van was re-released a few weeks ago and I think this came with it. I like Fred Falke. He does some pretty good remixes…good enough to feature again…
- Grizzly Bear – Two Weeks (Fred Falke Extended Mix) – I spoke about these guys a while ago. They’re a bit of a hype band. And, I’m never too sure about hype bands. But, this is still a great remix…well…it does have Fred Falke’s touch.
- Lenka – Trouble Is A Friend (Paul Mac Remix) – Lenka use to head up a great band called Decoder Ring. They use to do kind of lofi electro indie kinda stuff (that’s a pretty inacurate way to categorise them actually. Check them out here to get a better idea. argh. stupid genres. why can’t we just say that they’re good??!!). Anyway, this remix is by Paul Mac, probably, almost, the godfather of Australian dance music. And, it’s also a pretty decent track.
- Bat For Lashes – Daniel (Edwin Van Cleef Remix) – Just getting into this girl’s stuff as I write (gotta love youtube and fast internet at uni!). Is a great remix. Simple.
- Cut Copy – Hearts On Fire (Aeroplane Pop Remix) – It’s Cutters. I love Cutters. This track has been around for quite a while, but I just got my hands of the Far Away EP. Anyway, is great, again. Geez…i need a better vocabulary.
So, yeah, that’s about it. Pretty with pictures and all! If you like the tracks, download them. Or, even better, if you like the stuff, find it on iTunes or go to your record store and actually physically buy it. Most of them are available and buying music can be pretty cheap if you look around.
K. That’ll do the ramble for now.